Why do I need Cuebey? Can't I sell things from my personal website?
You can absolutely create your own shop from a personal website. However for the following reasons, many creators may prefer to use Cuebey.
- Ease of Use – Creating, managing, and updating a personal website takes a lot of time, energy and money. With the costs of design, hosting and maintenance, personal websites with a shopping cart and digital product sales will cost more than a Cuebey shop.
- Speed – Today’s Internet users are accustomed to a certain pace. Websites made with Wix, Squarespace and other DIY tools use shared hosting plans that move much slower than a production environment like Cuebey. That can create a slow, unsatisfying and ultimately problematic experience for your customers. Here’s a great infographic on how page speed can affect sales. You could pay for premium web hosting, but that would cost much more than a Cuebey shop and create more work for you.
- Discoverability – You could host your own videos or photos on your website, but most people prefer to use youTube and Instagram. The reason is discoverability. On Cuebey, like youTube and Instagram, customers who drift in looking for something or someone else can discover you or your product via recommendations or related product listings. There is no such discoverability on a personal website.
For some people, a personal website may be the best option. But for many others who are looking for speed, ease of use and discoverability, Cuebey may be the best option.
How do my customers receive their purchased products?
When a customer makes a purchase on Cuebey, they will immediately be redirected to a confirmation page where there will be a link to their purchased products. Customers also receive a confirmation email with a link to their purchased products.
How do my customers pay for their purchased products?
Cuebey is committed to maintaining the most up-to-date secure transaction technologies. Customers can purchase products via Apple Pay, Paypal or with a card (via Stripe).
How do I receive payouts for my sold products?
Cuebey issues payouts of your entire balance via Paypal once a month.
Alternatively, you can request an immediate payout of your current balance by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Cuebey Payout Request”. Payout requests will be sent within 24 hours.
Please be advised that there is no option for requesting a portion of your balance.
Are there any extra fees or commissions?
Cuebey does not charge any additional fees or commissions. But there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- When a customer purchase a product, Stripe charges a 2.9% + 30 cents transaction fee.
- When you receive a payout, Paypal charges a 2.9% transaction fee.
Okay, so what's the catch?
Ha! The catch is that you’re paying. The Internet economy conditions us to expect “free” services that come with some kind of bait-and-switch. For example, certain social networks allow you to post for “free”, but then some opaque algorithm changes and you lose visibility, or dishonest political ads start to populate feeds, or someone sells your data to 3rd parties who track you, etc..
The old sage Internet wisdom advice is: “If you’re not the customer, you’re the product.” At Cuebey you’re the customer. You pay us the monthly fee, and that’s how we stay in business. We don’t sell ads and we don’t sell data. You’re the customer and we answer to you. That’s the catch. Nice change of pace, isn’t it?